Dubai is the second largest Emirate of UAE, which is located at the crossroads of Asia, Europe and Africa. It has been serving as a traditional route for trade and travel since its ancient times. During the past few years this city has transformed itself into a business, trade, shopping and tourism hub in the region of Middle East. Today it has renowned as glittering city that never sleeps. Every year huge number of business travelers, holiday makers and tourists are visiting this city. Irrespective to the primary reason for which you have decided to travel Dubai, there are few primary things you must need to know. I have tried to sum up few things that will provide you a travel guide line that will help you to create memorable moments during the trip.
Obtaining VISA for Dubai
- Obtaining VISA has always been a major issue irrespective to the place you have chosen to visit as VISA policies are subjected to change anytime. Every country has rights to alter its policies for different nationalities. Dubai has setup a distinctive VISA policy for visitors coming across the world.
- British Citizens and residents of other Gulf Countries can get 3 months VISA upon arrival for free of charge.
- For residents of western countries like Australia, New Zealand, USA, Canada and western European countries one month visa will be issued upon arrival for free.
- Citizens from other countries that don’t belong to this category will have to apply Dubai embassy to get VISA.
- Moreover, Dubai doesn’t provide VISAs for Israeli citizens and visitors who have already visited Israel.
Finding suitable accommodation in Dubai is the major concern of every visitor. City possesses numerous short term rental accommodation options for tourists that include super luxury hotels, resorts, hotel apartments, studio apartments and villas. Most of these accommodation options are located at prime location within the city and well connected to main areas and major city attractions.
- Dubai offers wide range of hotels that can be categorized in to different classes like 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 and 7 star hotels on the basis of luxury and lifestyle amenities they are offering to its visitors. You can book these hotels on different rent rates. If budget is not a limitation then you can choose super luxury hotel for your stay.
- If you are on a holiday trip with your family and group of friends, it is good to find some villa or serviced apartment as it is more affordable as compared to booking several rooms in a luxury hotel.
- The One&Only Royal Mirage, The Madinat Jumeirah and The Atlantis are few best beach resorts of this city, whereas Grosvenor House Dubai, Jumeirah Emirates Towers Hotel, Raffles , Grand Hyatt Dubai leading 5 star hotels.
Sight Seeing Places of Dubai
Developers and architectures of Dubai have constructed everything in a unique way to create an unforgettable impression in the mind of travelers and holiday makers.
- Palm Jumeirah, World Island and Burj Khalifa are few manmade wonders of this cityDubai Aquarium, Dubai Fountain, Ski Dubai and Dubailand also possess the status of must visit places in the city.
- If you want to take trip to old Dubai, Dhow cruise trip is the best way to explore old city. Dubai is divided in to two parts Bur Dubai and Diera by an artificial canal Dubai Creek. Bur Dubai is the old city where you can watch traditional houses and business centers.
- Sunset is the perfect time for dhow trip as reflection of lights and glass buildings will create magical sight for visitors.
Shopping in Dubai
The Emirate is world renowned for its luxury shopping malls and traditional gold and spice souks. Mall of Emirates, Wafi Mall, Ibn Battuta Mall, Deira City Centre, Festival Centre and Dubai Mall are the few renowned shopping malls in the city.
- Tax free shopping of world’s leading brands at malls and shopping at good bargain rates in souks are very enticing for shopping lovers. Mall organizers also arrange shopping festivals to offer crazy discounts on every item from jewelry and clothing to electrical appliances. Most of the malls have food courts, sitting area and children play area.
- You can also enjoy several fun activities like watching movies in digital cinema, skiing in an indoor ski at Ski Dubai, fountain show and aquarium. In short, shopping has been redefined in Dubai as you will be able to enjoy several fun activities during shopping.
Adventures Trips in Dubai
This city offers numerous activities for those who prefer to stay out and spending time in adventure activities. You can enjoy water based and sand adventure trips and activities.
- Desert safari, hot air balloon, Hatta Mountain tour, sand skiing and camel ride are few famous sand adventures, whereas deep sea fishing, diving and snorkeling, sea plane flight and yacht charters are water adventures activities you can enjoy all year along during your trip. Even you can enjoy ice skiing in an indoor skiing resort located in the Mall of Emirates.
Whether traveling abroad has been your passion or you are just thinking to enjoy your vacations in outskirts of your home country, travel guides are good resource to get useful information about your favorite holiday destination. As they can also help you in estimating total travel expenses and protects you from stress at the end of your trip.
About Author: David Marsha is a guest author for various real estate and travel related blogs, he is working as a paid blogger for one of the best real estate companies in UAE which offers commercial and residential dubai property services in marina districts and others.