With Thai becoming a delicious rage world over there are people wondering whether Thai cuisine has something exclusive for children which is tasty as well as healthy at the same time? This article will educate you on that.
Thailand is home to world-class cuisine and it has a fair share of stuff that appeals to kids also who are usually picky eaters. Thai tourist destinations have all kinds of modern food yet the cravings of kids for a taste of home will be answered by yummy Thai dishes with great novelty to choose from for children to enjoy. Be sure children will fall in love with Thai cuisine once they taste the following food.
Ten yummy Thai Foods for kids
- Fried Rice: This is delicious and easy to find at almost every restaurant. Unlike the Chinese fried rice Thai fried rice is packed with veggies and soft ribbons of eggs which are stir fried into the mix. Thai fried rice with chicken is very popular. Other choices are pork, shrimp as well as crab.
- Fruit Juices: Fruit juices are easy to find all over Thailand.
- Fruit Smoothies: Fruit smoothies are cool and refreshing and rich in vitamins. You can try fruits such as mango, watermelon, orange, pineapple, lime, strawberry, papaya or lichee.
- Thai Grilled Chicken with Sticky Rice: The sticky rice will make the little ones playful with their food! Just break off a small chunk of the sticky rice, roll it and pop it into the mouth with a bit of other food. Grilled chicken with sticky rice is a popular combo.
- Mango Sticky Rice: This is a sweet Thai dessert, which is delicious and nicely filling.
- Massaman Curry: It is Thais own ‘children’s curry’ and super delicious and available at all Thai restaurants. For Thai adults accompanying the kids there are fiery curries like green curry or Penang.
- Kao Tom: Kao Tom ( cow tome) is Thailand’s popular rice soup that is healthy and has healing properties. Its popular varieties are rice soup with chicken (kao tom gay) and rice soup with shrimp (kao tom Goong).
- Look Chin: These Thai meatballs are popular street food. It can be seen all over Thailand and in restaurants too.
- Pad Thai: This majorly popular Thai dish is also known as Thai Spaghetti.
- Kao Mun Gai: The fare has chicken-flavoured white rice in which the slices of boiled chicken meat are mixed as in an icing of a cake. A bowl of hot chicken broth includes pieces of a local vegetable with tastes and texture similar to potato.
- Toast Sangkhaya: This yummy dessert consists of buttered and lightly toasted bread smothered in a custard sauce. The sauce can be in bright orange or bright green.
So try out these items at authentic Thai restaurants and be delighted for the great treat it gives to kids. As parents you can be sure that they will enjoy the amazing taste of ethnic Thai food that delights the palate of your smart kids.