Travel Packages You Must Give a Try!
So it’s time to plan another vacation. You’ve relaxed on the beach, you’ve roughed it in the mountains, you’re ready to try something completely new and different. Here are a few ideas you probably haven’t thought of yet.
For the true die-hard sports fans, scoring tickets for the big game isn’t enough—it’s all about booking an entire getaway around the event.You can find travel packages to suit almost any sporting interest.
The Australian Open
If you’ve always wanted to attend one of the four Grand Slam tennis events, look into travel packages for the 2015 Australian Open. Packages include access to great seats and are usually customizable to fit your budget and schedule.
The Super Bowl
Super Bowl packages include a ticket to the game, a stay in one of the partner hotels, and, depending on the package, entrance to after-parties, access to player locker rooms, and other VIP accommodations.
Whether you’re a fan of football, basketball, baseball, wrestling, or any other NCAA sport, you can book travel packages that get you to the event of your choice. Just like other sports packages, these getaways usually include special-access passes and are sure to make your experience memorable.
If you are interested in the more hush-hush side of a city’s history, book a haunted tour vacation. You can find all kinds of supernatural-themed adventures in a variety of cities:ghost tours, vampire tours, voodoo tours, cemetery tours, scandal tours, séances, and more.
For the really brave travelers, you can book a travel package that allows you to lodge in a haunted location. Look to sites like hauntedroom.com for lists of the top haunted places to stay.
According to the Travel Channel, some of the most haunted places in the United States include the following locations:
- Moundsville Penitentiary in Moundsville, West Virginia
- Trans-Allegheny Lunatic Asylum in Weston, West Virginia
- Villisca Axe Murder House in Villisca, Iowa
- Moon River Brewery in Savannah, Georgia
- The former mining town of Jerome, Arizona
Another way to incorporate the supernatural into your vacation package while covering a lot of distance is to book a United States ghost tour, where you can learn more about the darker side of the nation’s history.
More traditional history trips are also available. Pick your favorite event or era in history, and find a travel package to fit. Here are some ideas.
A trip to Washington D.C., Virginia, Massachusetts, or surrounding areas will let you see where the creation of our nation took place. Check out The Liberty Bell, The Lincoln Memorial, and, of course, the White House.
Remember the Alamo by walking through it and learning more about Texas history. Visit Missions National Historical Park to see plenty of 18th-century buildings and features including the grist mill at Mission San Jose.
Book a travel package that will take you through the old cities in your favorite European country. Some European travel packages will take you through multiple countries during your stay. For example, one getaway lasts for 7 days and takes you to 5 countries: France, Switzerland, Germany, The Netherlands, and Belgium.
If history tours, ghost tours, and sports getaways are still too ordinary for you, consider some of these truly unique vacation packages:
- Instead of picking out the perfect ring for your future spouse, make it at a wedding band workshop as part of a romantic couple’s getaway.
- Enjoy arts and crafts and the sea with a fabric dyeing by the sea vacation package.
- Learn how to kayak and write songs at the same time with singer/songwriter Angelo Spinazzola in Nova Scotia.
- If you’re traveling group consists of you and your mother, or you and your daughter, consider a mother-daughter travel package. Visit spas and unique shopping locations.
- If working over a blazing fire and throwing around heavy hammers has always held some sort of appeal, become a blacksmith for a day at the Day of Blacksmiths Festival in Ukraine.
- Goat’s milk is definitely an acquired taste. For those who never quite learn to enjoy it, discover other uses for goat milk—like soap-making at Spring Peeper Farm.
- Immerse yourself in unique culture and become an Acadian for an entire Day. The package includes a tour, a food tasting, an art workshop, and a certificate of accomplishmentfor a successful day as an Acadian.
If you are ready to embark on an adventure that is unlike any you’ve ever been on before, consider booking a travel package that includes a major sporting event, a ghost tour, or a walk through history. There are so many different travel packages available to families, couples, and single travelers alike—if you’re bored with the beach, consider some of the options above, or search your intended destination for more.
Savannah Coulsen is a freelance writer. She lives in Raleigh. Savannah loves to read and write and she hopes to write a novel someday. Savannah also loves learning and is a self-proclaimed health guru. When looking for a vacation she looks at travel packages for the 2015 Australian Open.